Change before you have to – Jack Welch
There was a time when you were expected to pay the exact price of an item you wanted to buy. Things like discounts (or deep discounts if you may), buy-one-get-one-free, and the more perverted form of democratic bribing or bribe taking were few and far between.
Today though we know that consumer is the king. And so, in the ‘golden’ age of online shopping, discounts never end.
Don’t believe? Just check your inbox for the last 6 months, and you’ll know this for a fact.
This is understandable.
Because the numbers on the mailing list is so huge, and the cost for luring them so low that no sane marketer can afford to stifle the temptation to blast their promo every now and then.
However, Black Friday – and by extension its close cousin, Cyber Monday – is different.
Because this is the time when the superstores in America open the floodgates to invading buyers looking for cheap offers.
BBC reports that in this year too (no matter the deep chasm post election) the sales are skyrocketing, and may exceed (hold your breath) £1.27bn.
Across the mighty Atlantic, the BF fever has caught on in the Queen’s land too, as figures like these suggest.
But, you might say, Black Friday is in the US and okay in UK as well.
What has that got to do with me, sitting eons apart, in India?
Well, the picture at the top tells the story, my story, and indeed your story too.
Okay, I’m an FCB fan, but the reason I get their promo is that I chose to receive them during my recent trip to Nou Camp. And like their bitter rival Real Madrid, and indeed other European football clubs, FCB too sells merchandise in the shopping arena inside the stadium’s museum.
No wonder FCB is using Black Friday to boost sales like millions of sellers across the globe.
17 Selected Black Friday Headlines
Here then are the 17 headlines I like that one can choose to use for their next promo, or any promo anytime in the year. Just replace Black Friday with whatever it suits, and you’re good to go.
- [Disappears @ Midnight] The kick in the pants that you KNOW you need
- [Black Friday] This goes away at midnight
- HALF TIME! Min. 50% Off on everything inside
- Only 6 hours left to save
- 85 programs. 50% off.
- Our BIGGEST Sale of the Year – 4 Hours Only!
- Thankful for You (um….did somebody say Black Friday?)
- [Black Friday] Over $1,700 of value for just $1
- 10 million seats! Not just another Black Friday sale
- Up to 20% Off Everything! Thank You Thursday Sale Starts Now!
- EXTENDED for Black Friday: Save up to 20%
- Fashion Bash is back: 30%-70% off
- BARÇA BLACK FRIDAY begins today: the best discounts of the season
- SpiceJet’s Annual sale extended. Fares for domestic routes at Rs. 737 only. Hurry, book now!
- The Ultimate Black Friday deal for course creators
- 1 Million Visitors Per Month For YOU? (Black Friday Special)
- Did we see you in a Black Friday riot video yesterday?
Some sales promos are not exactly related to Black Friday, but they surely ride piggyback on the prevailing sentiments.
SpiceJet’s promo is one such (image above), but it also stands out for one more reason. It’s a testimony of an unparalleled (unpopular?) demonetization drive currently underway in India.
Coming to what I did, I’m relatively choosy when it’s time to select the ‘best deals’. And, thankfully I’m never a big spender.
So I bought 2 deals – the AppSumo Beacon e-book creator that works with WordPress, as well as independently, and Crowdfire’s yearly subscription for the ‘Pluto’ account.
Crowdfire is a useful app if you’re using Twitter and/or Instagram. So this is going to be my second paid social media tool after Social Jukebox, which also is great if you ask me.
So…what did you buy this Black Friday?