Okay, I come back again to the world of blogs. Here is an array of interesting stats about blogging. But first, let’s look at the reasons as to why one blogs. The image below is that of Blog World Expo’s this page.
Of the 545 respondents recorded at the site, my variety, that is those who blog to earn money, numbers 85 or just 15.6% of the total. Who ranks at the top? It’s them (141 or 25.9%) who blog to influence the way other people think. Really!
- Over 12 million American adults currently maintain a blog.
- More than 147 million Americans use the Internet.
- Over 57 million Americns read blogs.
- 1.7 million American adults list making money as one of the reasons they blog.
- 89% of companies surveyed say they think blogs will be more important in the next five years.
- 9% of internet users say they have created blogs as of May 2005.
- 6% of the entire US adult population has created a blog as of May 2005.
- As of April 2007, Technorati is tracking over 70 million blogs.
- Over 120 thousand blogs are created every day as of April 2007.
- There are over 1.4 million new blog posts every day as of April 2007.
- Over 1.4 million new blog posts every day22 of the 100 most popular websites in the world are blogs as of April 2007.
- 37% of blog readers began reading blogs in 2005 or 2006.
- 51% of blog readers shop online as of August 2005.
- Blog readers average 23 hours online each week as of August 2005.